What’s your passion?
When you woke up this morning what was your first thought?
Ready to laugh at mine? It may make you want to pee your pants!
Being 9 months pregnant, I jolted out of a deep sleep and ran to the bathroom, thinking “hurry don’t pee my pants”. Hilarious huh? Sadly, this is common for me these days! It’s funny how easy it is to float through a busy day with little thought… but what if there’s more? Do you believe in the power of the mind, like the idea that you can do anything you put your mind to? I sure do! I think that what we think, what we entertain, & what passions we aspire to drive our actions and help us succeed. So while we must survive & especially not pee the bed, what if we added a bit more substance or meaning to our lives. What if you had a clear and defined view of what you really wanted?
“Do you believe in the power of our minds? You can do anything you put your mind to? I believe that’s true. What we think and entertain & what passions we aspire drive our actions to succeed.”
- To learn our passions, start by soul searching. What drives you to live? We’ve heard all kinds of motivational phrases all our lives, “live your dream”, “Live Laugh Love”, “Wish upon a Star” or “Just Do it”. These are great, but first we need to know what our passion is. This will change often just as life changes. What makes you feel alive? Here’s how I better understand my passion. I do this exercise often. Close your eyes, take a second to relax, let your shoulders just sink, clear your mind, and ask yourself what is the most important desire or passion in your life. Once it comes and it sure will… write it down. It may not make sense at first, take time to understand it. It may be one huge, central drive or many little steps. It doesn’t matter just write it down and take time to absorb it.
- Now here’s the challenge, making your hope and desire into something real. Let it grow! Having a goal always improves my life. In fact, the only reason I am writing this blog is because I made my goals for the day and chose which was most important to me. It felt important to write this. Think of some simple goals, write them down, think about them often. This will give your life more direction than simple waking up & running to the bathroom! You CAN do it! There’s no limit.
- I want to step outside my comfort zone and be brave today! I will share one of my most inner passions with you! It’s not simple or straight forward and I imagine I have more to learn about it, but it feels substantial to me. It is broad, so please be patient with me as I discover and break it down. While I was relaxed and clear this vivid thought came to me… “Add color to the world.” What is silly sands does that mean?!
- The name I chose for my Stampin’ Up! business is Color Me Crazy. There’s a reason I chose to use the word “Color” in my name. To me, color means depth, vibrancy, fun, meaning, hope, healing, and individuality. You know that really good book and now movie THE GIVER? I love it! It shows that life and even meaning is lost without color. In the story, color represents what made life worth living, both good and bad. It added diversity and joy. It allowed people and even objects to become independently brilliant.
- Back to what drives me, individuality. Yes, we are all like colors that are meant to stand apart but compliment one another. Without all the colors the world would be bland, boring, basic, and even without progression. OH MY, that’s not cool! I assume that to color the world I must know who I am and be true to that. This means I should develop myself, even love who I am, and be willing to show this to the world in small ways, everyday. I can spread inspiration and hope, add depth and fun, vibrance and healing just by being my best self. No doubt I studied how to heal others as a nurse for 8 years and now I teach others how to create and grow confidence by learning to paper craft. But overall, one of my deepest passions is to raise a family, so each child will have confidence in who they are, be themselves and give to the world.
- “Make the World a Better Place”, that’s a wonderful song that illustrates my main goal in life. I want to add to it. Could I make a difference in my own way? YES! I often think, there’s already so much color in the world, does it need me? YES! There’s only one of each of us, we are our own color. Do you think you make a difference? You do– you add to the world, if you chose to. You are important. I promise this does not need to be profound. I think it’s just knowing who you are, what drives you and being determined to do a little good each day. Take time in your life to figure out how to really live and “Just Do it”! You are full of good to share with others. Your thoughts, talents, gifts and passions will color your world and those around you. Are you ready to really LIVE! So am I… I want to add more to this beautiful world of color, no matter how simple it may be!
- I hope my thoughts were uplifting and helpful. I sure feel more clear and more motivated. Please leave me comments on my FB page. CLICK HERE to do so! Thanks for taking the time to read this and respond. I appreciate you all!