Father’s Day is tomorrow!
While Scrap booking,
I found this photo of Dan & my son… it melts my heart!!!
What do you have planned for Father’s Day?
I have something EXTRA special!
I am having a baby!
I will be induced for Father’s Day.
What a gift for daddy!
I am giving my hubby a
PAPER WALLET CARD!
(Besides a baby, of course!)
My hubby is always sporting a great wallet!
I first saw a wallet card on Pinterest by Gosia Mackinnon forever ago.
I finally made it! It was so fun, I also made one for my dad with different colors!
I wish I could show you these in person, they’re amazing to open.
I am entering it into this weeks TGIF Challenge,
especially since I may not be able to do too many challenges, for a bit!
Keep reading to see a full tutorial of how to make your guy a Wallet Card!
First, supplies to gather:
- Card Stock (I used Soft Suede, Whisper White and Basic Black)
- Designer Series Paper (DSP) (I used the Wood Textures & Coffee Break)
- Ink: Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Momento Black ink
- Foam Adhesive Strips
- Window Sheets
- 1-1/4″ Circle Punch & P.L. Corner Punch (retired)
- Big Shot: Layering Squares Dies, Little Letters Dies (retired) and 3-D Hexagons Emboss Folder
- Heat Tool, Versamark, Emboss Buddy, White Emboss Powder
- Stamp Sets: Guy Greetings, Timeless Textures, Love you Sew (retired) & Labeler Alphabet
- Gold or Silver Foil Sheets
- Tear & Tape
- Embellishments (I used Faceted Gems and Urban Underground- retired)
- Glue Dots & Dimensionals
How to make the outside:
- Cut card base at 3-1/2″ by 8-1/2″, Score at 4-1/4″ (makes 3 cards per page!)
- Distress the wood grain DSP with a sponge and ink. You will have a front piece, back piece and 3-1/4″ strip.
- Cut & distress a strip of the wood grain at 3-1/4″ by 4-1/2″.
- Your front piece of DSP is cut at 3″ by 4-1/2″. You will score this at 4-1/4″ and glue.
- Your back piece is 3-1/2″ by 4-1/4″.
- Stamp the stitches or draw them on.
- With the Big Shot, emboss your foil sheet with the Hexagons Emboss Folder (use only 1 cutting pad). Tear top and glue to the front.
- Cut out your guy’s initials for the back (with foil sheet) & Glue, optional.
- Heat emboss your saying on black and use a dimensional to place.
- Make the tab to open and close with an scrap of distressed Wood Texture DSP. Cut at 5/8″ by 2-1/4″, round edges with PL Corner Punch (retired).
How to make the Inside (Photo Frame):
- Cut DSP at 3″ by 3-5/8″ and distress.
- Cut a window with the Big Shot & Size 1-7/8″ square from Layering Squares Dies.
- Add Tear & Tape on all of the inner sides of the back (see photo below) & place Window Sheet (size 2-1/2″ by 2-1/2″).
- Cut a photo at 2-1/8″ by 2-1/4″. * note: you may cut many photos & easily slide them in & out for a change.
- Add Adhesive strips, *use a photo to place correctly. I added a small amount to the outsides as well.
How to make the inside: (Note, Money or Gift Card Holder)
- Cut DSP at 1-3/4″ by 3-3/4″ & distress. Make sure your gift card will fit.
- Use the 1-1/4″ Punch to punch out 1/3rd circle on DSP.
- Emboss your saying with white powder on black CS. Add a dimensional.
- On the back, add adhesive foam strips to outer edge.
- Adhere. Cut a note card out of white CS or place money/gift card.
That wraps up my photo tutorial! I’d like to film a YouTube Video in the future as well.
I hope these instructions help you make this fun card.
Our Father’s are special!
Show them some love this weekend!